Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What's next?


In an attempt to find myself – I instead have lost myself in 2 very real, fiction characters.
Every now and then– I do what I can to account for the last month of my life – however, in doing this; I am force to admit my affections towards my loving companions Edward and Patch. How odd, and utterly depressing it is too drool over 2 men who obviously only exist in a women’s dreams.

Why must these authors do this to me!?

Having once (or twice – okay MAYBE… a million times over until my sisters ears were bleeding!) I mentioned to my amazingly witty older sister Ang my undying love for Edward. I swore there would never be another so - charming, indulgent, dangerous -mouthwatering- ummmmm…. But I keep hearing these two small words – almost a whisper – Hush Hush…. This led to Patch…UGH!

SOOO, naturally to bounce back from my depression officially leaving Edward in Bella’s arms (sadness) I rushed to the book store and picked up Hush Hush (Becca Fitzpatrick)… 1 week later – done and done – depressed ever so slightly because now I not only lust after 1 fiction character but 2!
Trying to calm my nerves – I decided to pick up a number of books that would take my mind away from the angst of teen paranormal romance. Okay, ready for the embarrassing part?

AGAINST – my amazingly witty, slightly shorter, older sister Ang – I picked up Dead Until Dark (Charlaine Harris) THINKING in some way an adult romance with a vampire spin would take my mind off of the unnecessary unmentionables of YA books. Nearly done, I feel I am losing my mind – Sookie, I do apologize for the rude comment I am about to make towards your intelligence – BUT you might want to consider furthering your education. As I read the Twilight saga or the Hush Hush saga, my angry stemmed from a place of love and sorrow and SIMPLY wanting the 2 who should be in love to prevail! If I am going to be honest, one of my favorite things about Nora is that she dressed extremely cute! And yet, yesterday I found myself disgusted with the simple fact that Sookie was going to wear a Mickey Mouse shirt to bed! At that point, maybe sometime before, I decided this book is stupid.


SO because I am for some ungodly reason committed to at least finishing this book-where do I go from here? Which fictional hunk will I fall for next???!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You make me smile.
    You could finish Soulless. If that's not what you are looking for, you could try Beautiful Creatures or Fallen. I believe the Fallen series is finished now. Meaning you can blow through all four books (plus the short story) in say a week and be back here. But it's a week of peace, sorta. ;)

    ReplyDelete